How do I get an Elevation Certificate (EC) for my building?

There are several ways to obtain an Elevation Certificate (EC):

  • Contact the  Coconino County Engineering Division (928-679-8850). A copy of the EC might be on file.
  • Ask the sellers. When buying a property, ask the sellers to give you their EC. If they don’t have an EC, ask if they can provide one before settlement.
  • Ask the developer or builder. In a high-risk area, the developer or builder might have been required to get an EC at the time of construction.
  • Check the property deed. ECs sometimes are included with the property deed.
  • Hire a licensed land surveyor, professional engineer, or certified architect who is authorized by law to certify elevation information. For a fee, these professionals can complete an EC for you. To find a professional surveyor:

Show All Answers

1. What is a floodplain?
2. Is my property in a floodplain?
3. What do the terms Base Flood Elevation & Regulatory Flood Elevation mean?
4. What is an Elevation Certificate (EC)?
5. How do I get an Elevation Certificate (EC) for my building?
6. I would like to install a driveway and/or culvert to access my property. Do I need an encroachment permit?
7. Utility locating and marking is required by law. How do I request it?