Cartography: What is the process to do a land split or combination?
Splits and combinations can be accomplished by several different means, depending on the jurisdiction the property is located in.
    • If the property is located in Coconino County, outside of any city jurisdiction, a land division permit is required. The Community Development department processes all land divisions. See the Community Development site for further information regarding this process.
    • If the property is located in the Cities of Flagstaff, Fredonia, Sedona, or Williams, splitting the property can be accomplished by recording a deed to change the ownership, or by filing the "Coconino County Combination/Split Request Form".
    • We recommend you contact the appropriate planning and zoning department before splitting any property. Sometimes the land division you are planning to make may prevent a building permit from being issued. It would be helpful for you to have that information before you make the decision the split the property.
    • For all jurisdictions, other than the City of Page, filing the "Coconino County Combination/Split Request Form" is sufficient to combine the property. It is recommended, but not required, that the combination form be recorded. Contact the appropriate jurisdiction before filing a combination form.
    • In the City of Page it is necessary to contact the city to file a conditional use permit.

    Show All Answers

    1. How is my Property taxed?
    2. Appeal Value: How do I appeal my value?
    3. Land Appraisal: How is land valued?
    4. Land Appraisal: What units of comparison are used for land valuation?
    5. Land Appraisal: How does land qualify for agricultural status?
    6. Land Appraisal: What are the filing requirements for agricultural properties?
    7. Land Appraisal: What is an animal unit?
    8. Land Appraisal: What does the term 'carrying capacity' mean?
    9. Land Appraisal: Are there penalties related to agricultural property use?
    10. PP: What is personal property?
    11. PP Business/Agricultural: Why did I receive a Business/Agricultural Property Statement?
    12. PP Business/Agricultural: I did not receive a Business/Agricultural Property Statement what do I do?
    13. PP Business/Agricultural: What do I do if I closed my business?
    14. PP Business/Agricultural: What do I do if I sold or purchased a business?
    15. PP Business/Agricultural: How is my personal property valued?
    16. PP Business/Agricultural: Why is my business being audited?
    17. PP Business/Agricultural: If I disagree with my full cash value, how do I appeal?
    18. PP Business/Agricultural: How do I change my mailing address?
    19. PP Manufactured Homes: What is a 504 Tax Clearance?
    20. PP Manufactured Homes: When do I need a 504, and how do I get one?
    21. PP Manufactured Homes: Is there a charge to obtain a 504 Tax Clearance?
    22. PP Manufactured Homes: What do I need to obtain a 504?
    23. PP Manufactured Homes: How do I re-title my manufactured home?
    24. PP Manufactured Homes: What do I do if a 504 cannot be issued?
    25. PP Manufactured Homes: Can I move a manufactured home without a 504?
    26. PP Manufactured Homes: Where can I get a copy of an Affidavit of Affixture?
    27. PP Manufactured Homes: How do I un-affix or remove a manufactured home ?
    28. PP Manufactured Homes: What is the 'Manufactured Home Relocation Fund'?
    29. PP Manufactured Homes: Why am I receiving a tax bill for a home I no longer own?
    30. PP Manufactured Homes: I moved my manufactured home to another county, why am I receiving a bill from Coconino County?
    31. PP IPR: What is an IPR?
    32. PP IPR: I sold an IPR, how do I have tax notices sent to the new owner?
    33. PP IPR: How are IPR's valued?
    34. Individual Exemptions: What are property tax exemptions?
    35. Individual Exemptions: When do I apply?
    36. Individual Exemptions: Where do I apply?
    37. Individual Exemptions: When filing an Exemption, do I need to come in person the first time?
    38. Individual Exemptions: Do you have Exemption for Veterans?
    39. Individual Exemptions: Can a person who has Power of Attorney file an Exemption for another individual?
    40. Individual Exemptions: I qualified for the widows/widowers or disabled persons exemption, why did I receive a tax bill?
    41. Individual Exemptions: My parent (s) is in a nursing home, can I still file an Affidavit?
    42. Individual Exemptions: Will the Exemption status go back prior years?
    43. Individual Exemptions: Is the exemption for my house only?
    44. Senior Value Protection: What is considered my Primary Residence?
    45. Senior Value Protection: What income should I include?
    46. Senior Value Protection: If I apply for Senior Protection, do I have to declare my business income if I had a loss?
    47. Senior Value Protection: I have the senior freeze, why did my taxes change?
    48. Senior Value Protection: What is the deadline to apply?
    49. Senior Value Protection: Does having the freeze affect my home’s value?
    50. Title Dept: How do I change ownership or name on a property?
    51. Title Dept: How do I add a person to a parcel?
    52. Title Dept: My spouse passed away, how do I get the property listed solely in my name?
    53. Title Dept: How do I gain ownership of a property if both parties are deceased or not in Joint Tenancy or Community Property with Right of Survivorship?
    54. Title Dept: Where do I get the deed forms to fill out?
    55. Title Dept: What is a legal description?
    56. Title Dept: What is an 'Affidavit of Property Value' form and when do I need to complete one of these forms?
    57. Title Dept: What are the different types of deeds and what is the difference between them?
    58. Title Dept: How can I find previous owners on a parcel?
    59. Cartography: What is a Legal Description?
    60. Cartography: Who is qualified to prepare an accurate legal description?
    61. Cartography: What is a conveyance?
    62. Cartography: Why doesn’t a Combination/Split form convey land?
    63. Cartography: What is an ‘Assessor Map’?
    64. Cartography: What is the process to do a land split or combination?
    65. Cartography: What are the requirements to do a land split or combination?
    66. Cartography: What is the role of the Recorder's Office in the Combination/Split process?
    67. Cartography: What is the role of the Land Surveyor in the Combination/Split process?
    68. Cartography: How do I prepare my own Combination/Split application?
    69. Cartography: How are Tax Assessor Parcel Numbers assigned?
    70. RP: What is Real Property?
    71. RP: What is Full Cash Value?
    72. RP: What is Limited Property Value?
    73. RP: What is Legal Class?
    74. RP: What is Assessed Value?
    75. RP: How is my Real Property Valued?