Coconino County Elections employs and trains over 350 workers to conduct each election. Live in-person training sessions are conducted in Flagstaff, Page, Tusayan, Sedona, Williams, Payson and on the Navajo and Hopi reservations. Online training is available for returning workers as well.
EBW training classes run 2 hours and cover the duties of:
- Inspector: the person in charge of the polling location, ensures voting processes are followed
- EDT (Election Day Technician) manages the voter ID verification process
- Marshal: maintains 'order' at the polling location
- Ballot Judge: issues the correct ballot to each voter
- Provisional Clerk: manages the Provisional/Conditional voting process
2022 Tusayan EBW training
The Coconino County Elections Department works to educate the public about elections, processes and procedures. Our team is available to visit your civic organization, club, school or non-profit to discuss elections, and answer any questions you have.
Contact Spierce@coconino.az.gov to schedule a presentation from the Elections Department.
Native American Outreach efforts in Coconino County.