Summary of Benefits
Coconino County offers a wide variety of comprehensive benefits to assist employees in their work and personal lives. We are committed to a total rewards strategy that provides employees with competitive, generous benefits, and an environment that supports a healthy work/life balance. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage and insurance, retirement and a variety of work/life programs.
For More Information
Northern Arizona Public Employees Benefit Trust (NAPEBT)
Coconino County is a member of the Northern Arizona Public Employees Benefit Trust (NAPEBT). NAPEBT was formed in 1993 to provide a comprehensive and cost effective benefits package by combining resources and leveraging the buying power of a group of public employers. Purchasing benefits through NAPEBT has increased our ability to sustain a better benefits package long-term than would have been possible individually.
FY23 Benefits Cost Table - Medical Dental Vision
FY23 ESS Benefits Enrollment Guide
FY23 Benefits New Hire PowerPoint Presentation
Wellness Program Flyer
Waiver of Medical Insurance Form
Request for FMLA Fillable Form
Request for Paid Parental Leave Form
Certification of Health Provider for Employee's Serious Health Condition
Certification of Health Provider for Employee's Family Member's Serious Health Condition
6.15 Covid Emergency Leave Policy
COVID Emergency Leave Policy FAQs
Employee Assistance ProgramCounseling services are provided by Coconino County for all employees.
- Six counseling sessions per issue per year at no cost to the employee
- Sessions may be used by employee and members of the immediate family
- Family members do not have to be dependents on medical insurance to utilize this service.
Full-Time Standard BenefitsNew full-time employees work 30 – 40 hours per week. Our standard benefits for full-time employees are listed below:
- Buy-Up Plan - $750 / $1,500 Annual Deductible
- Employees who elect this plan contribute a small amount of the premium. The County subsidizes a portion of the dependents premium.
- Base Plan - $1,000 / $2,000 Annual Deductible
- The County contributes 97% of employee premium and subsidizes a portion of the dependent premium.
- HDHP - $1,750 / $3,500 Annual Deductible
- The County contributes 100% of employee premium plus contributes to an HSA or FSA and subsidizes a portion of the dependent premium.
Vera Whole Health ClinicTo schedule an appointment, call (928) 774-3985. Not a walk in clinic.
Address: 1500 E. Cedar Avenue, Suite 80, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Delta Dental.
- Base Plan: $1,000 maximum annual benefit
- The County contributes 100% of employee premium
- Buy-up Plan: $2,000 maximum annual benefit
- Employees who elect this plan contribute a small amount of the premium.
Vision A core eye exam benefit through VSP is provided by the County for regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. Two additional options are available at the employee's expense:
- Employee only – prescription eye wear buy-up
- Employee and family – prescription eye wear buy-up
Life InsuranceCoverage is through Minnesota Life Insurance Company:
- $40,000 coverage of life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance is provided by Coconino County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week.
- Voluntary life insurance may be purchased for the employee, spouse, and children.
Effective Date of Coverage
- Insurance coverage begins on the first day of the month following a full calendar month of employment.
- Example: If you are hired in the month of January, your coverage will go into effect March 1.
Changes to Coverage / Qualifying Life EventChanges to coverage elections including dependents may only be made during open enrollment in the month of May (effective July 1) or within 31 days of a Qualifying Life Event such as marriage, divorce, birth, or death.
Retirement Systems / Long-term DisabilityCoconino County is a participating agency in four retirement systems:
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS): Employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more
- Correction Officers Retirement System (CORP and CORP-AOC): Employees in certain positions with Sheriff's Office, Juvenile Court, and Adult Probation working 40 hours per week
- Elected Officials Retirement System (EORP): Individuals elected to public office
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS): Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office working 40 hours per week
Optional Payroll DeductionsThe following payroll deductions are available:
- Tax-Deferred Compensation Plan 457: This option is voluntary and available to all regular employees.
- Short-term Disability through AFLAC - this is a voluntary enrollment, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 20 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
- Health Care Reimbursement Account: up to $2,850 per year
- Note: If currently enrolled in an HSA, Limited FSA applies
- Dependent Care Assistance: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
This is a voluntary benefit available to employees enrolled in the High Deductible Health plan who are not also covered by Medicare, or another non high deductible health plan. Contributions are on a pretax basis subject to an annual maximum of $3,650 for an employee with single coverage, and $7,300 for an employee with family coverage. The maximum contribution limit is a combined total of employer and employee contributions. Amounts within a health savings account may be used on medical, prescription, dental, and vision expenses. Unspent money rolls over year after year.
Additional BenefitsThe following additional benefits are available to all regular employees: