- Your Government
- Departments (E-K)
- Health and Human Services
- Health Resources and Services
- Tobacco Use Prevention
Tobacco Use Prevention
This program provides resources to help quitting tobacco products. The program also provides regulation of the placement, storage and display of tobacco products and vending machines that dispense tobacco products to address vapor products within unincorporated areas of Coconino County.
Educational presentations are offered throughout Coconino County, and can be tailored to address needs of specific populations, such as youth, parents, Native Americans, or LGBTQIA+. Contact us at (928) 679-7264 or email to request a presentation.
- Tobacco and nicotine products and health effects
- Vapes and e-cigarettes
- Cessation (quitting)
- Health Care Provider and Community Agency Training for Cessation Services: trainings include instruction on opening a dialog about nicotine use and providing appropriate resources for cessation.
- Arizona Retailer Tobacco Training: This training provides retail tobacco store owners, managers, and employees with information about current Federal, Arizona State, and local laws regarding sales of tobacco to minors. Contact staff for more information.
The statute (ARS §36.601.01) protects all Arizonans from the harmful effects of secondhand smoke exposure in places of employment, most enclosed public places, and within 20 feet of entrances or exits.
To file a complaint or learn more about the law, go to the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Quit Kits are available to help individuals succeed when making the decision to quit using tobacco products. Learn more about what you can expect to receive in the Quit Kit in the video below. To obtain a kit, please contact us at (928) 679-7264 or by email.
|2625 N King St|
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Phone: (928) 679-7264
Toll Free: (877) 679-7272
Fax: (928) 679-7206
TYY Users Contact us via the Arizona Relay Service 7-1-1