AZ Health Zone
Healthy Starts Here
AZ Health Zone (AZHZ), a collaboration between Arizona Department of Health Services and Coconino County Health and Human services (CCHHS), provides free nutrition and healthy living education to income eligible women and children (ages 0-5).
If you are looking for guidance and education on your path to living a healthy lifestyle, you don't have to do it alone. We provide courses in-person and online to women who are income eligible. If you qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly referred to as food stamps, you are eligible for our program. Arizona Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) clients are also eligible. Contact us at 855-777-8590 or email to learn more about our classes and to see if you qualify.
In addition to providing classes to eligible members of the public, AZHZ works closely with schools, childcare centers, cities, and towns in our effort to promote healthy living and reduce disease.
- Join a SNAP-Ed Group
- Find free or low-cost physical activity in your area!
- Be Active Social Networks: Finding it hard to add physical activity into your day? Do you want to be more active? Find a social support group near you! Complete this form and a member of our team will reach out to you.
- Join a SNAP-Ed class
- Find free or low-cost food in your area!
- Local Wellness Policy
- Smarter Lunchroom Movements
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Arizona Department of Education Local Wellness Policy Assessment
- Schedule a training or a lesson
Support & Funding
We are supported by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Chronic Disease Prevention, and Nutrition Services. This program is funded by the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food Assistance Program.