Enforcement of the Unified Health Code begins on Tuesday, March 10.
Please see the list of the changes and/or additions to each section of the previous Environmental Services Code.
Contact us at (928) 679-8760 or email if you have any questions regarding the code changes.
Please note, the food code will not be addressed until a final draft is adopted at the State level. This adoption by the State of Arizona is anticipated to occur sometime in late 2020. CCHHS will notify businesses potentially affected by changes to the food code at a later date.
Environmental Health Services & Responsibilities
CCHHS Environmental Health provides services to prevent food-borne, water-borne and communicable diseases. Through education and regulatory enforcement of Public Health Statutes, rules, codes, and surveys are performed on:
- Body art facilities
- Campgrounds & trailer parks
- Diseases of animals that can be transmitted to humans are monitored
- Food establishments
- Food Manager Certification & Food Handler booklets are provided on a regular basis
- Provide plan review for all licensed businesses
- Public accommodations
- Public announcements are released through the media as necessary to protect public health
- Public health nuisance complaints
- Public & semi-public bathing places
- School grounds
Food Manager Testing Dates, Cost & Locations
The CCHHS Food Managers' Certification Test is offered at both the Flagstaff and Northern Region Office. The cost is $55 and must be paid at the testing location. Payment is required in order to preregister. Food Manager Certificates are valid for three years.
- Flagstaff Office - Testing is offered on limited Thursday at 9 AM in the Ponderosa Room, 2625 N. King Street, Flagstaff. Preregistration is required and must be completed in person. Payment is made at time of preregistration. Call (928) 679-8760 for information.
- Page Office (Northern Region Office)- For registration and additional information contact Shirley DeJolie at (928) 645-9400 or Leanard Breaux at (928) 645-3082. Testing is held once a month on a Tuesday from 1 PM to 3 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Fee Change Notice
Effective 06/23/2019 the following fees will apply for each transaction:
- Credit card transactions - 2.35% or Minimum $1.95
- Debit card transactions - 1% or Minimum $1.95
- No fee will be charged for Cash and Check purchases.
- Wash Your Hands sign
- Public Records Request Information and Form
- West Nile Virus
- Environmental Health Informational Packets and Applications
- Environmental Health Fees
- Food Handler Certification
- Food Manager Certification Food Safety Information
- Coconino County licensed Water Haulers
- Food and Product Recall Information