Online Permit Applications
Using the Online Portal
STARTING JANUARY 1, 2020, ALL ZONING PERMIT APPLICATIONS WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.
The Planning and Zoning division is now accepting online zoning applications and online payments. Please click here to view a brief informational document about how to use the Online Portal.
Please visit the Online Portal to apply. Please call 928-679-8850 and request to speak with a planner if you have questions.
Zoning Permit/Request Types and Submittal Items
Please click on each permit type below to view the submittal items specific to the application/request. Please keep the document ready to refer to as you begin applying through the Online Portal. A planner will be in touch with you after you apply to let you know if other documents are needed.
A pre-application meeting is required prior to applying for the zoning permits/requests noted with a * below. The Online Portal can be used to apply for a pre-application meeting as well - simply select "Planning and Zoning" and then "Pre-Application Meeting."
- Administrative Adjustment (includes Waiver Requests and Minor Changes to Planned Developments)
- Administrative Zoning Permit (includes Temporary Use Permits, Metal Storage Containers, RV as Residence in G Zone, Home Occupations, Group Homes, Campgrounds and RV Parks in Commercial Zones, Community Gardens, and Community Coops)
- Amendment to Comprehensive/Area Plan or Zoning/Subdivision Ordinance*
- Conditional Use Permit*
- Design Review Overlay*
- Land Split/Combo - NOTE: This permit may be initiated through the portal using scans of the Split/Combo Form, however the original form will need to be mailed or brought to the office for the process to continue. Land Split/Combination Forms and associated documentation must be mailed or brought to the Community Development Department with original ink signatures in paper format for processing. These original documents will be returned to the applicant upon approval, and the applicant will then take these documents to the Treasurer, Assessor, and Recorder for final processing.
- Legal Non-Conforming Status Request
- Lighting Permit
- Medical Marijuana Dispensary or Cultivation Facility*
- Pre-Application Meeting Request - please upload a narrative of your project (provide as much detail as possible about the request, how the use will operate, hours, employees, traffic, etc as applicable) and a site plan (can be hand-drawn)
- Sign Permit
- Zone Change*
- Zoning Exemption
Scan the required documents (if not in electronic format already) and ensure they are pdf or jpg format, then submit using the Online Portal. The file size limit per file is 200 MB for uploads using the Online Portal.