Online Permit Applications
Using the Online Portal
ALL ZONING PERMIT APPLICATIONS WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.
The Planning and Zoning division is now accepting online zoning applications and online payments. Please view the Information Sheet below that applies to your permit/request before applying online.
Please visit the Online Portal to apply when you have prepared all requested documents in electronic format.
Zoning Permit/Request Types and Required Documents
Please click on each permit/request type below to view the items specific to the application type. Please keep this document ready to refer to as you begin applying through the Online Portal. A planner will be in touch with you after you apply to let you know if other documents are needed.
A pre-application meeting is required prior to applying for the zoning permits/requests noted with a * below. The Online Portal can be used to apply for a pre-application meeting as well.
- Administrative Adjustment (includes Waiver Requests and Minor Changes to Planned Developments)
- Administrative Zoning Permit- this permit type includes the following:
- Amendment to Comprehensive/Area Plan or Zoning/Subdivision Ordinance*
- Appeal of a Planning and Zoning Commission or Hearing Officer Decision
- Conditional Use Permit*
- Design Review Overlay*
- Land Split/Combo - The Community Development Department only processes this form for parcels within the unincorporated county, not city jurisdictions. Please do not mail paper land split/combo forms to this department.
- Legal Non-Conforming Status Request
- Lighting Permit
- Medical Marijuana Dispensary or Cultivation Facility*
- Pre-Application Meeting Request
- Sign Permit
- Subdivision Application by Subtype:
- Zone Change*
- Zoning Exemption
Scan the required documents (if not in electronic format already) and ensure they are PDF format, then submit using the Online Portal. The file size limit is 200 MB for uploads using the Online Portal.
- Citizen Participation Plan and Report - fillable pdf
- Community Letter Template - Word document format
- Land Split/Combo Original Ink Form - must be printed, signed, and scanned before uploading to your portal
- Lighting Permit Lumen Output Calculation Worksheet - fillable pdf
- Sign Permit Inventory Worksheet - fillable pdf