Finance / Purchasing
Roles & Services
The Finance Department provides all of the centralized financial, payroll, budget, and purchasing functions for the County.
The primary mission of the department is the stewardship of County resources. This requires the department to:
- Accurately account for County resources
- Pay employees accurately and timely
- Prepare a complete and reasonable budget
- Provide a fair, timely, and cost effective purchasing function
- Provide the Board of Supervisors, County Manager, County Departments, and taxpayers with accurate, timely, and sound financial information
- Audit & Financial Reporting: This division prepares the County's annual financial reports (CAFR), manages the annual audits, and oversees grants. It also performs internal audits, manages the County's capital asset inventory, provides monthly financial reports to departments, reviews and posts all adjustments to the County's general ledger, develops financial policies and procedures, and assists departments with their financial management.
- Budget & Planning: This area provides budget development, management analysis, and research services to the County Manager and the Board of Supervisors. Our roles and services include; developing annual updates to the long-range financial and organizational plan, analyzing and reviewing the overall County budget, and providing information and analysis of departmental operational functions and legislative impacts on the County finances
- Finance Administration: This area of the Finance Department is responsible for the management of all of the department's programs.
- Financial Management System: The financial management system division controls all areas of the County-wide financial management software - HTE. Employees of this program control employee access and security to different financial management functions within HTE.
- Finance Operations: This division manages all employee payroll activities including withholdings, benefits, and retirement calculations for County Employees. It also processes all accounts payable payments to vendors and tracks all travel related expenditures.
- Special Districts