Documentation requirements to obtain a death certificate vary. Please call (928) 679-7281 or toll-free at (877) 679-7272, for requirements for your specific situation.
Visit the Arizona Department of Health Services for a copy of the application and requirements.
You must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Certified Copy of Death Certificate.
- A copy of the front and back of your valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature or have your signature notarized.
- Proof of eligibility - requirements vary.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request.
- Appropriate fee, according to the fee schedule. Acceptable payment methods are: cashier's check, money order, Visa, or Mastercard. DO NO SEND CASH. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to CCHHS. If you pay by credit/debit card, you must include the full card number and expiration date on your application.
- Mail your completed application and required documents to:
Coconino County Health and Human Services
2625 N. King Street
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Note: An incomplete application will delay the processing of your request. It may take up to ten business days to process the application.