This course ended in Spring 2018. For other high school math professional development opportunities, please click here.
This secondary mathematics project is designed to build teacher engagement with, understanding of, and implementation of Standards of Mathematical Practice and regular use of formative assessment as a tool to guide instruction through and in-depth conceptual focus built around the secondary Algebra, Functions, and Statistics & Probability categories of ACCR-M Standards.
This course focuses on:
- Conceptual understanding and application of expressions, equations and inequalities as groundwork that leads to conceptual explorations and investigations of functions and modeling;
- Examinations of definitions and characteristics of families of functions with an emphasis on multiple representations and authentic applications;
- Development of tools and skills for conducting experiments, analyzing data, and making informed decisions using statistical methods;
- The use of technology tools such as graphing calculators, online applets and an interactive whiteboard to further promote understanding and applications of functions in real world contexts;
- Development of the Standards of Mathematical Practice to promote authentic engagement in the teaching and learning of mathematics; and
- Formative assessment tools (the fundamentals of learning, planning lesson learning goals and success criteria, intentionally eliciting and interpreting evidence of learning, pedagogical action in response to evidence including feedback, student involvement through peer and self-assessment, and engagement).
Recent HS Math Trainings
|Coconino Cohort||Mohave Cohort|
August 18, 2017: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
August 19, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
August 25, 2017: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
August 26, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
September 29, 2017: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
September 30, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
September 22, 2017: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
September 23, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
October 28, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
November 4, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
January 27, 2018: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
February 3, 2018: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.