Resources for Building Sustainably
The Sustainable Building Program provides resources on sustainable building products, methods, and practices; a resource directory of regional businesses that provide local sustainable building services and supplies; as well as, a comprehensive listing of tax incentives for sustainable development and renewable energy.
- Rewiring America Go Electric Digital Guide covering the benefits of home electrification and the incentives available.
- Videos by County employee Marco Alatorre about home electrification, and the incentives available..
- Spreadsheet of Energy Star certified refrigerators with Low Global Warming Potential (GWP) refrigerants sold at Home Depot
- Carbon Smart Building infographic
- Carbon Smart checklist
- City of Flagstaff Residential Electrification Information Hub
- Builders for Climate Action White Paper on Low-Rise Buildings as a Climate Change Solution
- Builders for Climate Action free carbon accounting software, BEAM
- Architecture 2030
- Zero Energy Project
Water Conservation & Reuse - Northern Arizona has an arid climate with limited water resources. The depletion of groundwater is an especially critical issue. Of all the resources we use, water is one we truly cannot live without. It is therefore important to incorporate water conservation measures into building design.
Low Flow Fixtures: Look for EPA's WaterSense Products for reduced flow fixtures
Rainwater Harvesting Resources:
Waste Reduction - Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle