Mountain Dell Projects
Mountain Dell Drainage Improvement Project
September 18, 2020: Final punch list work for the Mountain Dell Drainage Improvement Project continued this week. Final completion and sign-off for the project is expected next week.
The Mountain Dell Drainage Improvement Project will improve the drainage in the community to accommodate a 100-year flood event. The goal of this project is to decrease the size of the flood-affected area. When completed, the project will provide flood mitigation for 28 structures, including approximately 20 homes and the community’s water system, which could positively impact flood insurance rates for these properties.
- Status: Substantial Completion
- Construction Start: May 4, 2020
- Estimated Completion: September 25, 2020
- Project Contractor:Tiffany Construction Co.
- Project Engineer: Civiltec Engineering, Inc.
- Estimated Construction Cost: $2 Million
- Funded By: Coconino County Flood Control District
Mountain Dell Drainage Improvement Project Background
In 2016 the Coconino County Flood Control District (FCD) completed Initial Engineering Assessments (IEAs) in four areas of the County deemed "Special Flood Hazard Areas" by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). An IEA is a tool that the FCD uses to better understand flood risks so that initial, conceptual flood mitigation alternatives can be identified and evaluated.
Based on this IEA information, the FCD Board of Directors approved preliminary engineering and feasibility studies for the conceptual Mountain Dell/Sinclair Wash Drainage Improvement Project.
Fort Tuthill Utility Improvement Project
The Fort Tuthill Utility Improvement Project will extend the sewer line from University Heights through Mountain Dell to Fort Tuthill to provide sewer service to the park. For more information please visit the project’s web page.
- Construction Start: July 2020
- Estimated Completion: October 2020
- Project Contractor: Overley’s Est. 1959
- Project Engineer: Shephard-Westnitzer, Inc.
- Estimated Construction Cost: $2,100,000
- Funded By: Coconino County Parks and Open Space Tax