Coconino County Senior Services operates programs that provide support to our county’s senior citizens in maintaining independence and remaining in home as long as possible. Current Coconino County Senior programming includes:
- In-home services (eligibility based on physical and financial need, available in Williams and Flagstaff)
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Case Management, includes screening for in-home services, Benefits Checkup, assistance with applying for services, and referrals to other social service providers
- Transportation Programs
- Paid transport to and from the Joe C. Montoya Adult and Community Center in Flagstaff for the congregate meal through Mountain Lift Paratransit (limited to Mountain Lift service area)
- Recreational senior trips, departing from the senior centers in Flagstaff and Williams
- Senior Independence Program (SIP) serves seniors and disabled adults in rural areas who cannot drive or access public transportation. Participants in this program can arrange for a nonfamily member to drive them to events, appointments, and errands, and SIP will provide reimbursement for mileage/gas.
To learn more about accessing In-Home and Transportation Services, please call us at (928) 679-7452.
Coconino County Health and Human Services staff are proud members of the Northern Arizona Alzheimer's and Dementia Alliance (NAZADA) providing quarterly informational sessions for the community and connecting those with Alzheimer's and their families with resources. Visit NAZADA for more information
Finding Meaning and Hope Discussion Series for Family Caregivers, a ten-part series is offered throughout Coconino County. Contact us to learn when the next session will begin. To learn more about the program, watch this video.
Coconino County Health and Human Services (CCHHS) is certified as a Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO). Your gifts make a direct and lasting impact on the lives of your neighbors in Coconino County. Donations allow CCHHS to provide homebound seniors with nutritious meals and offer caregivers respite. Make your donation here.
- Administration For Community Living
- Adult Protective Services
- Arizona Caregiver Association
- Arizona Commodity Senior Food Program (CSFP)
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS)
- Arizona Self Help Benefits Checkup
- Arizona Veterans Administration
- Clothing Referrals
- Caregiver-Respite Information
- Elder Rights-Ombudsman
- Flagstaff Family Food Center
- Healthy-e-Arizona Plus
- Home Repairs, Appliance Replacement and Weatherization
- Legal Assistance:
- Medicare Cost Share (MCS)
- National Council on Aging Benefits Check Up
- Northern Arizona Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging
- Property Tax Assistance
- Senior Food Box Delivery
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)