Marriage Licenses

  • Marriage licenses are available at the Page and Williams Justice Courts and at the Clerk of the Superior Court office at the courthouse, which is located at 200 N. San Francisco St. in Flagstaff.
  • Both parties must appear together, in person, for the issuance of the license.
  • Issuance of the marriage license must occur prior to the marriage ceremony.
  • Fees are $83 in cash, cashier's check, or money order.  Note:  the Williams Justice Court does not accept cash as payment.   Please use cashier's check or money order only at that location. Note: the Flagstaff clerk's office does accept credit/debit cards, but only this location. 
  • Both parties will provide a driver's license, a state issued identification card or a passport to verify both parties' legal names.
  • Social Security numbers are required from U.S. citizens
  • Parties must be 18 years of age or older, or:
    • Parties 16-17 years of age must have at least one parent's consent or the legal guardian's consent; you may bring either a certified copy of an Emancipation Order, OR a notarized Clerk's Office parental consent form along with the front and back of your parent(s) or legal guardian's identification, or have your parent(s) or legal guardian accompany you and present proper identification and sign the parental consent form in the presence of the clerk issuing your marriage license.
    • Parties under 16 years of age must have at least one parent's consent or the legal guardian's consent and a judge's order.
    • The younger applicant's prospective spouse cannot be more than 3 years older than the younger applicant.
  • The license is valid for marriage anywhere within the State of Arizona and the marriage must be performed within one year of the date of issuance of the license.
  • The marriage license will need to be returned within 10 days after the marriage ceremony.  The license can be mailed in or dropped off.  The recorded license will then be mailed to the address of record provided at the time of license issuance.
  • For individuals wishing to have a civil marriage performed by a Justice of the Peace, please contact that appropriate court for further information. 
  • For military service members, it is highly recommended that an Affidavit of Record of Marriage is also purchased with the marriage license.  The military has advised that their records division will only process the Affidavit of Record of Marriage versus the original marriage license.

Affidavit of Record of Marriage

An Affidavit of Record of Marriage, sometimes called a replacement certified marriage license or certified copy, is a legal document representing the original marriage license.  An Affidavit of Record of Marriage may be used in lieu of the original for all government purposes such as passports, Social Security, and motor vehicle department name changes.  An Affidavit of Marriage may also be used for private sector uses, such as for insurance or financial processes.  An Affidavit of Marriage can only be obtained at the Clerk's Office where the original license was obtained, regardless of where the ceremony was performed in the State of Arizona.

An Affidavit of Record of Marriage can be obtained either by mail or coming into the Clerk of the Superior Court office.  To order an Affidavit of Record of Marriage, a $30 cashier’s check or money order payable to the Clerk of Superior Court will be mailed to the Clerk of Superior Court, 200 N San Francisco Street, Flagstaff, AZ 86001.  Please include a letter that contains the full names of both parties and the approximate date of the marriage. Please include a contact phone number and email address, as we may have questions regarding your request.  If the original marriage license is available, please include the marriage license number, which is identified as the book and page number in the lower right hand corner of the marriage license.  You will also need to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of the document. If you do not know the year of the marriage, you will need to include an additional $30.00 for research.  The public is always welcome to come to our office in the County Courthouse to conduct their own research, at no cost, if they choose to do so. Cash, cashier’s checks and money orders are accepted at our service counter.

To return to the Clerk of the Superior Court's main page, click here.