David Monihan - Environ. Eng. Supervisor - 928-679-8772 office, 928-607-4194 cell
Brian Buzzell - EQ Specialist II - 928-679-8753 office, cell 928-853-2586
Layne Tucker - EQ Specialist I - 928-679-8893 office, cell 928-890-4169
Joelle Sawaya - EQ Admin Specialist I - 928-679-8864 office
The purpose of the Environmental Quality division is to protect the health of the public and the environment and promote effective onsite wastewater treatment. Authority for the wastewater program is delegated by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality to Coconino County's Environmental Quality program.
Authority for the wastewater program is delegated by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) to Coconino County Community Development, Environmental Quality division (CCCDEQ). Coconino County has delegation
View the Onsite Wastewater process.
The Environmental Quality division is responsible for:
- Site investigations
- Reviewing applications for permits
- Issuing construction authorizations
- Inspecting newly constructed systems
- Issuing authorizations for discharge from wastewater systems
- Recording transfers of septic systems to new property owners
- Licensing water, sewage, and garbage haulers