Referrals for Appointment

The procedures for appointment of a guardian are set forth in ARS 14-5303. According to that statute “The alleged incapacitated person or any person interested in that person's affairs or welfare may petition for the appointment of a guardian or for any other appropriate protective order.” Individuals looking to have the public fiduciary appointed guardian or conservator for a friend or family member may petition the court themselves directly. For assistance in doing this please reference the Friend or Family Member Guardian and Conservator Self Help Centers section above. The Public Fiduciary Office does not take referrals from individuals, but does accept referrals from provider agencies. For agency referrals the following Agency Referral Form and Health Professional Report are required.

Agency Referral Form

Initial Health Professional Report