Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
From June 15th until September 30 Monsoon season brings severe storms and high winds to Coconino County.
NEVER drive through flooded roadways. STOP! Turn Around Don’t Drown.
• Vehicles can be swept away by less than 2 feet of water.
• The roadbed may be washed out.
• You can lose control of your vehicle in only a few inches of water.
• Do not drive around a barricade. Turn around and go another way!
• Other tips – BEFORE A FLOOD TIPS
To prepare for a flood, you should:
• Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. http://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
• Elevate the furnace, water heater and electric panel in your home if you live in an area that has a high flood risk.
• Consider installing “check valves” to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home.