The following links are helpful for teachers and administrators wishing to learn more about literacy and the importance of literacy in K-12 education:
- This website provides videos and articles for teachers pursuing personal growth in all areas of instruction.
- At CommonLit, you can link to existing GoogleClassrooms, explore text sets, and assign readings. Readers have access to linked dictionaries, comprehension checks, and read aloud options. Signing up for this FREE service takes less than three minutes.
- This website promotes reading success. The non-profit organization provides evidence-based training and support to educators, supplies information and resources to families, and offers direct education services to adult learners.
- Reading Rockets is a national multimedia project that offers a wealth of research-based reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better. Resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
- ReadWriteThink is an online resource that contains lessons, interactive activities, printables, and an app to help kids improve their reading and writing skills. The site serves language arts teachers from pre-K through 12th grade.
- The International Dyslexia Association (IDA) is a non-profit education and advocacy organization devoted to issues surrounding dyslexia.
- AZ Resources: English Language Arts
- Center for Literacy, Education, & Employment (University of Tennessee Knoxville)
- CommonLit Library
- Great Books Online
- James Kirkpatrick Library: Literacy Education
- K-12 Reader: Balanced Literacy Program Components & Strategies
- Need for Visual Literacy Instruction in K-12 Education
- Technology in the Classroom: What is Digital Literacy?