The Intel Math Project helps teachers to strengthen their mathematics content knowledge and better prepare them to meet the requirements of the AZ Math Standards.
This course focuses on:
- The arithmetic, geometric, and algebraic aspects of operations, number theory, place value, rates, rational numbers, linear equations, and functions through a problem-solving lens;
- Building fluency with problem solving, creative and critical thinking, deep conceptual understanding, accurate and efficient procedural manipulation, and collaboration; and
- Formative assessment tools (the fundamentals of learning, planning lesson learning goals and success criteria, intentionally eliciting evidence and interpreting evidence of learning, pedagogical action in response to evidence including feedback, student involvement through peer and self-assessment, and engagement with and utilization of formative assessment as a way to inform mathematics teaching on a regular basis).
Intel Math professional development will:
- Deepen mathematical content knowledge and skills;
- Increase knowledge of how students learn mathematics; and
- Increase intensity of interventions.
Upcoming Intel 2017 Trainings
|Intel 2017 Dates|
September 30, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
November 18, 2017: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
April 20, 2018: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
April 21, 2018: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
May 4, 2018: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
May 5, 2018: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
June 11-14, 2018: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
June 18-21, 2018: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.